Leyland P76 Owners of Queensland 2004
President's Economy Run
14th Nov, 2004
- Hi everyone,
- What a great day, nice and warm and perfect weather.
- President Grath organised the outing which required club members to meet in Brisbane on the south side at a park just off the side of the Gateway. Garth gave out directions to were to take our cars to fill up at, which was the BP service station at East Brisbane.
- It was then up to us to make our way to another BP garage on the Cooroy Noosa road near the Hill climb circuit at Twewantain on the Sunshine Coast.
- The distance was about 100 miles / 164 Klms.
- The cars that took part were
- President Garth and family in a Corrola,
- Vice President Andrew and family in a Magna,
- Geoff in his V8 (5.4ltr) P76,
- Alan and family in a Six P76 and
- Adrian and family in a Morris Marina.
- We were met at the Hill climb circuit around midday by John and Dell, Neville and Family and Dixie and family.
- Due to over subscription of enterants for this year Noosa Hill Climb competion, 2 P76 cars missed out.
- Dixie suggested the the Hotel at Boreen Point for lunch, about 21 klms from Twewantain.
- What a nice place to go for a meal. Very reasonable costs.
- We sat under the trees and placed our car in the grounds of the Hotel.
- Some of the fuel economy figures,
- My Marina (4 cylinder) used 13.8 ltrs, just little less than Alans P76 six. Geoff used 28 ltrs, while the Magna and Corrola beat all of us.
- May I say thanks to the member who made the day, in turning up.
Double click to see the larger photo
Photos from Adrian
This site is hosted and maintained by NIGHTWALKER.BIZ
and powered by the Penguin
|This web site may contain Copyright material
If you find any problems with the site, please email the