Leyland P76 Owners of Queensland 2008
Outing with HSCC @ Willowbank
3rd Feb, 2008
- Kelvin accompanied us out to Willowbank where the Holden Sporting Car club uses the training area at the back of the Drag strip to do a Motorkhana. Kelvin joined the club and also signed up for a CAMS licence.
- The Motorkhana involved driving around obsticles against the clock.
- Kelvin was taken as a passenger in a modified Datsun 1200.
This was a invigorating experience for him.
- Then Kelvin took the P76 out and I was a passenger.
- We did the course a number of times and during lunch Kelvin and I went to a large car park behind the grandstand, where Kelvin honed his driving skills, doing figure eights loops and reversing around plastic bottle as well as braking experience.
- After this Kelvin went out on his own and did very well.
- Kelvin drove both out to Willowbank and back to Brighton.