Leyland P76 Owners of Queensland 2008
- Let me thank Ray and his family for their support in suggesting the venue and being with us at the Jondaryan location.
- I tried hard at inviting members (their families) and non members (P76 Owners) to come to the Christmas party at Jondaryan, a town situated between Oakey and Dalby, west of Toowoomba.
- It is not very often that we travel as a club to the Downs, so the trip to Jondaryan was to make acquaintance with the fellow members and to stay at a landmark in the area.
- The area was renowned for an early farming community in the Toowoomba region of Queensland.
- To make this an experience, members and friends were invited to stay at the Jondaryan Woolshed in the rustic shears quarters and huts or in the surrounding towns. The area is really quite remote, but I still was able to get broadband on my computer.
- The woolshed is just outside town. Building from the surrounding district have been moved there to build a museum to the past.
- The club had arrange "Stew and Damper" dinner on Saturday night at the woolshed, which was well attended. Very nice being able to get back for seconds.
- Sunday morning members and guests were invited to come to the township of Jondaryan for Lunch at the "Jondaryan Hotel".
- It was great to meet up with some of the local club members that I communicate with only by the the Newsletter.
- I would like to thank those who took the time to make there way to the venue, for the experience of learning a little of what life was in the country, be able to drive the open roads in our cars and have a great time.