Queensland P76 Owners Club Inc. 2015
Joes Memorial run
Driving to and From Toogoolawah
- Greetings from Adrian
- The club was invited to Toogoolawah to a memorial service for Joe Torony. (one of the founding members of the P76 club in Australia)
- From my place (Deagon Qld) the trip was about 130 klms.
- Headed off from home around 8am, trouble starting the Wild Crystal as the need of a choke was appraint, the neighbours had to suffer the cranking of the motor with spurts of life from firing motor. Flooded the damn thing because I could not take my foot off the accelerator.
- Anyway the car did start and head off. There was a number of ways to get there.
- To be conservative decided to travel via a northly direction.
- Travelled up the Bruce Hwy towards the Sunshine Coast turn at on the bypass that shirted Caboolter then west to Woodford and Kilcoy.
- Stopped at Yowie Park at Kilcoy and then waited for Nev and Reg to turn up. Darryl and Barbie surprised me in pulling next to me.
- Shortly after the other two cars arrived and off we went to Toogoolawah.
- On the way home decided to do a scenic trip via Mount Mee.
- Took a little longer to get home but great driving.
- The road has hills, mountain range, tight bends (got to watch out for motor bikes)and great places to stop.
- Very pretty looking out to the ocean and at the Glass House Mountains. Some very nice homes there too.