Queensland P76 Owners Club Inc. 2015
Bayside Car Restorers Club Ormiston Queensland
Starting off from Deagon with Leonard and Stephen and Garath
Leonard sitting it out with Ricky
Keith arrived early and saved us 5 spots.
Retired to the corner to keep cool under the shea oak.
Video of some of the cars about 70 Meg long
More Video of the car display About 55 Meg long
After the event Graham Stephen Garath and I went looking for the "Gee Bees coffee cafe in Cleveland
- Good Day
- I have recently opened a new Espresso Bar & Cafe in Cleveland, Gee Bee’s, that presents as an ideal venue for your club to have a Sunday morning “Cars & Coffee” meet. Located in Ross Court, 197 Bloomfield St, Cleveland, 4163, it is right next to the Queensland Transport Service Centre. As very little happens in the centre between 16:30 on a Friday and 8:30 on a Monday, your club would have at its disposal over 100 car parks, including 4 covered parks for marquee cars, and ample room for members to mingle and socialise. Further parking is available in Ross Court. The drive to the cafe can be undertaken via the scenic back roads of Mt Cotton or directly accessed down Old Cleveland Rd with possible scenic detours around Ormiston and Cleveland Point & Lighthouse. There are also markets in the Cleveland main street on a Sunday morning and these are only 2 blocks away.
- As a motoring enthusiast myself, and being located outside Qld Transport, I have chosen a motoring theme for my cafe which will fit in well with your club. Our menu offers simple, but delicious, cafe style food and includes signature dishes such as Croque Monsieur, Ploughman’s Lunch, Bunny Chow and our signature Boerewors Hotdog. Our coffee is from Aromas and, accompanied by our Maleny Dairies milk, it is winning praise from everyone. I would be happy to work with your club to devise “themed” menu’s for your visit. We also have 3 TV screens that could display footage specific to your marque.
- My intentions are to have a number of clubs visit during the course of the year and to award a “Best on Day” prize at each meet. At the end of the year we would have a “Champion of Champions” meet with all winners attending and an annual champion crowned. It is no concourse, but rather just a bit of fun. It will provide your members a chance to meet socially, and the members of the public a chance to admire your rides and hopefully kindle a desire to join your ranks.
- I have attached a number of photos of the cafe, as well as the centre, to give you an idea of how it is themed. Further information on the cafe can be seen on our Facebook page at Gee Bee's Cafe. Please feel free to contact me via return email or on 0417 724 433. Should you wish to visit the centre to scope it out then I will be happy to meet and show you the possibilities. I look forward to hosting your club in the near future.
- Geoff Bridger
- Gee Bee's Espresso Bar & Cafe